HEY! CLOSE THAT! Are you trying to heat the outdoors?
We have all yelled that at our kids or had it yelled at us as kids, but the door was the item to be closed. What if there was a bigger opening that you never even new about? one that could cost you up to 40% of you entire gas bill.
That opening does existing in many homes. It is your furnace, talking to his friend the chimney.
Your old natural draft furnace vents out your chimney. However, that chimney never closes. So even when your old inefficient furnace is off, heat still rolls up and out it 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A furnace’s efficiency is easy to explain:
50% efficient means 50 cents of every dollar you spend on heat never gets to your home.
60% efficient means 40 cents of every dollar you spend on heat never gets to your home.
Plus additional losses due to that old large chimney
So you can see why a 95% efficient furnace is such a great idea, only 5% is lost.
And that chimney it is either closed completely or greatly reduced for just the water heater
So if you are in the Toledo area give us a call, we can close that for you.
- All You Need to Know About Furnace Maintenance
- Winter HVAC Maintenance
- Seasonal Tips for Fall and Winter to Save Money & Energy
- Why Fall is the Best Time to Schedule Furnace Maintenance
- How to Choose a Home Heating System That’s Right for You
- Government Retroactively Extend HVAC and Water Heating Tax Credits
- Weather Changes
- How Often Should I Change My Filter?
- How Much Does a Variable Speed Motor Save?
- What Is a Variable Speed Furnace?