On days like today we give more thought to a warm house. A furnace will obviously make your house warm, but what if it could do more?
A high efficient furnace, vented in plastic pipe (if properly installed with two pipes) not only saves you money on your direct gas consumption, but by not using all that inside air for combustion and ventilation, it reduces the negative pressure on the house. Simply put, it will reduce the cold air (think cold draft) that forces its way in to replace all that air pushed out by other furnaces.
How much air? A lot, for every 1 cubic foot of gas 15 cubic feet of air is used for combustion and another 15 cubic feet is used for dilution and ventilation. So for every 1 cubic foot of gas we use 30 cubic feet of air.
So a 100,000 BTU Furnace uses 3,000 cubic feet of air, every hour!!
That is the amount of air in a 10’ x 30’ room with 10’ ceilings!
Then your house draws in (think draft) more air (think cold) to replace it.
So a two pipe high efficient furnace can do a lot for you. Plan to get one if you don’t already have one.
- All You Need to Know About Furnace Maintenance
- Winter HVAC Maintenance
- Seasonal Tips for Fall and Winter to Save Money & Energy
- Why Fall is the Best Time to Schedule Furnace Maintenance
- How Often Should I Change My Filter?
- How Much Does a Variable Speed Motor Save?
- What Is a Variable Speed Furnace?
- What Is a Two Stage Furnace?
- The Answer to Our Toledo Heating Needs
- Furnace Filters