Like many times before the seasons are changing in Toledo, OH and like many times before, some folks will be caught off guard or procrastinating. In order to avoid this, read this and start your plan.
As the season changes, so does your home’s comfort needs. Spring is a wonderful season, but the sunshine and the well needed break from the dreary, cold Toledo winter can easily lull us into the belief that everything is just fine.
That is until the rest of the “season change” show up. Heat & humidity; while some is great, it always ends up exceeding our wishes. So while we still want to enjoy and savor the Toledo summer, we will also want a place to retreat to when it becomes to much.
This summer the factors have changed again. This being the second year of the “R-22 Phase Out”, production is lower again but demand is still high, so the price has jumped from last years record high price. With R-22 refrigerant expected to be around $80.00 to $90.00 a pound, the “add some gas and make it cool” option is now a very expensive mistake.
If your air conditioning system needs refrigerant, it has a leak. These leaks will not heal or just go away and just finding them can be a very labor intensive (read, expensive) endeavor. Then you will face the repair options. These variables make a new air conditioning system the best financial option.
However, some people when caught off guard, resist this option and try to get by with a repair. We never encourage this, because the odds are against our customers.
Remember: An air conditioning system will last about 15 years, so after 10 are the twilight years. This is the time we encourage our customers to be planning or completing their air conditioner replacement and not spending a lot of their good money repairing an old air conditioner.
- 5 Ways to Extend the Life of Your Air Conditioner
- Cleaning Your Air Conditioner – DIY vs Professional
- 5 Ways to Reduce Your AC Bill in Toledo
- Top Benefits of Springtime Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Seasonal Tips for Fall and Winter to Save Money & Energy
- Keep Your Air Conditioning Functioning Smooth with These Tips
- Central Air Conditioning in Your Home
- Yea! Summer!
- You, Your Home and Your Pigs…
- What Should I Do With My Air Conditioning Unit Over The Winter?