Winter is hitting the Toledo area and that means it’s time to switch on your furnace. Is yours ready for the challenges that winter brings?
The demand for HVAC systems increases as winter sets in. Therefore, you should always have your system inspected by a licensed HVAC professional contractor, like Bluflame. A well-maintained system is highly efficient in both energy consumption and functionality and prevents costly repairs and replacements.
Even though energy bills are unavoidable during winter periods, below are some ways you can use to save some money:
- Be sure to seal any energy leaks around windows, doors, and other openings.
- Ensure that the vents and ducts are clean, and air is circulating freely.
- Maintain a regular annual maintenance schedule.
- Use curtains to help keep warm air in.
- Ensure that your thermostat is working properly.
You should always watch out for these signs that could indicate your system’s inefficiency even if you have your regular system inspection:
- Higher energy bills than expected
- Inconsistent air-flow from the systems’ ducts
- Dirty air filters that need regular replacement
- Ductwork issues, for example, peeling tapes
- Significant temperature differences between rooms
Importance of Winter Maintenance Program
- Ensure safety and comfort of your home.
- The program maintains your warranty
- Efficient functioning of your HVAC system
Having regular maintenance on your HVAC system has numerous benefits for you and your home. You will be able to save a lot of money in the long run due to the improved efficiency in both performance and energy consumption. For more information on how to make the most of your heating systems this winter, contact Bluflame at 419-472-2040.
- Furnace Busted, Right Before Winter? Here’s What You Can Do.
- Gas vs Electric Furnace
- Different Types of Furnaces for Your Home
- Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
- 5 Ways to Prepare Your Furnace for Winter
- Why You Should Not Try DIY HVAC Repairs
- 4 External Factors Affecting the Lifespan of Your HVAC Unit
- Bluflame’s FIVE Tips to Lower Heating Costs This Winter
- Top Three Ways to Breathe Easier
- All You Need to Know About Furnace Maintenance